The car-free village of Wengen sits on a south facing plateau at 1,274 m above sea level, looking out onto the world famous Jungfrau mountain. The old world charm of the farming hamlet of the early 1800s still coexists in tandem with innovative 21st century ski technology. Here age old Alpine summits and inherent Swiss culture are interlaced with threads of the Belle Epoque and the folklore of the Lauberhorn Run.
Wengen is situated in the heart of the Jungfrau Region and affords a welcoming Swiss retreat from which to explore several mountain landscapes including the Jungfraujoch, the Schilthorn, the Schynige Platte, the Faulhorn and the Lobhorn. In contrast the valley lake regions of Brienz and Thun are within easy reach and for the more agile the mountain lakes, Bachsee and Oberhornsee.
Train journeys from Wengen: Interlaken (51 minutes), Jungfraujoch (1 hour 11 minutes), Männlichen (5 minutes), Lauterbrunnen (15 minutes), Mürren (55 minutes), Schilthorn (1 hour 24 minutes), Grindelwald (1 hour 5 minutes), First (1 hour 43 minutes), Kleine Scheidegg (25 minutes), Schynige Platte (1 hour 44 minutes), Harder Kulm (1 hour 17 minutes)
- How to get here ...
- Arriving in Wengen... ...
- Protection Measures Covid-19
- GUEST INFORMATION DURING COVID-19: ...
- Health & Beauty
- Enjoy wellness facilities as a day guest at some of the top Wengen hotels. ...
- Ski and Snowboard
- Winter Snow Sports ...
- Swiss Travel Passes ...
- In addition to the Winter footpaths in and around Wengen, there are an abundance of other exciting walks to choose from. ...
- Summer Activities
- Things to do ...
- Eating out in Wengen... ...